Foxhall Internists Prime provides enhanced, individualized medical care, as well as affording you increased communication with your doctor. It is a membership, annual fee–based program in which the participating physician cares for only a limited number of patients.
What Foxhall Internists Prime Means to You
Included in the annual fee–based Foxhall Internists Prime program are the following:
- An expanded physical of up to 90 minutes to review the various details of your health, suggest preventive and wellness measures, review nutritional issues, and provide health recommendations based on current medical research and expert opinion.
- Appointments within 24 hours on your request, and significant efforts to limit your waiting time in the office.
- As needed, your doctor will gather information on areas in which you have personal health concerns through utilization of a variety of medical resources, including recently published journal articles and up to date reference materials.
- Continued 24/7 access to the on-call doctor at Foxhall Internists. In addition, every effort will be made to contact your personal doctor 24/7 for assistance with any serious medical problems you may develop.
- Email communication with your doctor, either through standard email or use of a secure Internet site. Email may be used for all non-urgent issues, including asking questions and making requests. Of course, for emergencies which occur when our office is closed, a phone call to the on-call doctor is still necessary to ensure that your urgent medical concerns are addressed promptly.
- A written summary of your yearly physical in a format which is easily shared with other doctors. Additionally, a flash drive containing your relevant medical records (including reports from consultants) will be provided with your yearly medical report.
- Provision of other educational medical information, either in paper format or via email.
Fees for Foxhall Internists Prime
To provide us with the time and resources to offer this service, there is an annual fee of $1800 (reduced for patients covered by Medicare as explained below), which includes the cost of your extended annual physical and all of the services listed above. All children of an enrolled parent who are older than 15 and younger than 30 may receive medical services by the participating physician for standard fees and will not be required to pay the annual program fee. A similar exception is also offered to visiting family members and friends.
The fee for the Prime program can be paid annually or semi-annually at your discretion. You are free to cancel at any time, and your money will be promptly refunded on a prorated basis, unless you have already received your general physical examination for that year. Regular office visits during the year will continue to be billed as they are presently. If you are currently able to submit charges for yearly physical examinations and routine medical care to your insurance carrier, you will still be able to do so as a participant in the Foxhall Prime program.
Notice to patients covered by Medicare:
Regardless of your Medicare affiliation, your physical will involve the same amount of time with the physician and the same degree of detail. However, the “Welcome to Medicare” preventive visit (a one-time exam you may choose to have after enrolling in Medicare part B) and the “Annual Wellness Visit” (a limited annual review of certain health issues provided by Medicare) are not covered by the Foxhall Internists Prime annual fee. What this means for you is that your cost for Foxhall Internists Prime will be reduced to reflect the payment your doctor receives from Medicare for these services. For instance, if Medicare pays the physician $120 for an Annual Wellness Visit, your cost for Foxhall Internists Prime will be $1680.
Enrolling in Foxhall Internists Prime
At this time, membership is offered to current patients of participating physicians in our practice, as well as to new patients to the practice (subject to availability). To enroll or ask questions about Foxhall Internists Prime, kindly contact Thuy in our billing office at 202-243-0228. You may also call our main office number at 202-362-4467. If you prefer you may submit an online request to be contacted.